Who We Are
Ageas is an international insurance group ranked among the top 20 insurance companies in Europe, with key markets in Europe and Asia, and a heritage spanning more than 190 years.
A major force in the UK
Here in the UK, we offer a broad range of Personal and Commercial insurance solutions providing award-winning products and services through brokers, affinity partners and our own direct brands. Insuring around seven million customers and working with a range of partners, Ageas is recognised for delivering consistent and high quality customer experience in their time of need.
We’re proud to be the 3rd largest motor insurer in the UK1. As well as insuring the type of vehicles you’d expect, we also provide policies designed specially to cater for a variety of vehicles including classic cars, classic motorcycles, kit cars and high performance vehicles, each with an understanding of the distinctive needs of our customers.
Reasons to choose Ageas
Often, it’s only when you make a claim that you find out how good your insurer really is. At times like this, you’ll be glad you chose Ageas.
- Based in the UK, our in-house claims department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s fuelled by our passion for service as evidenced by numerous industry recognised awards.
- When calling us you won’t be greeted by lengthy automated phone menus. Instead you’ll get straight through to an experienced claims handler who’ll guide you through the options available to you to ensure your claim is dealt with as quickly as possible with the least amount of fuss. So whether we’re helping you with alternative accommodation following a flood, a replacement laptop after a break in, or new flooring due to a washing machine disaster, we’ll ensure things get back to normal as soon as possible, no matter how big or small your claim.
- Our travel policy means that in the event you have a medical emergency abroad, Assistance International, our in-house, multi-lingual team of specialists, will ensure you receive the appropriate treatment and fast.
- We know it’s inconvenient to be without your car that’s why we aim to achieve quick turnaround times on vehicle repairs and if you choose from our network of trusted suppliers and repairers, we provide a lifetime guarantee on all repairs. But you also have the freedom to select your own choice of garage if you prefer.
- We use the latest technology and access to data to detect and protect you against fraudsters to reduce the impact on your premiums.
- We’ve achieved ServiceMark accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service for our world class household, travel and motor service.
1 AM Best database of UK based insurance companies submitting PRA returns (FY 2013) by volume, includes internal analysis to include overseas returns.